Annual CGWE Mission Trip
Be the change that you want to see in this world
Don’t just travel the world, change it!
Join us on a journey you will never forget. We invite you to meet the women of Oromia, Ethopia, and experience God’s love as it pours out of them, despite the desperately poor conditions they live in.
On our trip, we will:
- visit CGWE beneficiaries;
- celebrate the circle of life and giving, and the tradition of dabaree, as the first-born calf from each GCWE-gifted cow is given to a woman on CGWE’s waiting list;
- distribute donated clothes and eyeglasses;
- provide personal hygiene training and basic items such as soap, combs and washcloths;
- encourage the tradition of teamwork (dabo) so that the beneficiaries can help each other as needed; and
- educate and train about harmful traditional practices and other forms of violence against women and girls, such as female genital mutilation.
Trip Date: Mid-March, tentatively scheduled for March 7 – 19, 2017
Total cost: $2,500 per person.
Travel immunizations and malaria medications are needed for your trip. To apply for CGWE’s short-term mission trip, contact Dureti (Mimi) Tadesse firstname.lastname@example.org or (614) 441-1020.
The first trip informational meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 9th at7:00pm.